Thursday, July 28, 2005

Deterioration within the Christian Church

Its Time to Make a Change

This deterioration is from the top down. I write as lay person who sees a clear and ever metastasizing cancer festering and tearing down the sanctity of our scared Christian Church. My observation is very simple. The pastors of our churches or not humble. Nor to the majority of Christian leaders appear to possess any qualities of humbleness. We the lay people of the Church have seemed to no longer require this once necessary character trait for the leaders of our churches. Charismatic Pastors and the blossom of mega churches creating celebrity clergymen is becoming a severe problem. The Mega Church in concept is not the problem, but Christian principals and values that are being placed aside in lou of the pleasure and excitement found in these churches. Those theologians that truly respect the role of the Christian Church know of what I speak. For is there is one thing the Church must guard against, these " worldly pleasures" encroaching upon the walls of our sanctuaries.

This lack of humbleness is leading to several spiritual disasters for the Church. I would even state this is just another of many tools of our primordial adversary to infiltrate and destroy our Church. It is also disheartening to see that our 21st Century Pastors are reluctant to actually quote the Bible. No self help book can replace the word of God. If 1/3 of Angels of the Kingdom of Heaven can Fall, then so can the Christian Churches of the United States of America.

What Must We Do?

1) We Must Not Stray from the Example of Jesus Christ, for what is the desire of a Christian? I believe it is to be more like Christ. And there is no more example of humility than Jesus Christ. He walked with the poor, ministered to prostitutes, and washed the feet of the filthy.

2) Our Pastors and Churches Must Stay out of Politics: from Rev. Berry Lin to Rev. Jesse Jackson to Rev. Pat Roberts. It is your call to lead the Church, nothing more. Politics is a corrupt profession, and it is not the role of a Christian Pastor to be actively involved in both simultaneously. The call to lead the church and to save souls is more important than leading the nation. However it is the role of the Pastor to give direction, ethical restriction, and counsel to these political leaders. Furthermore by law the United States has a separation of Church and State. A line whose boundaries are presently becoming far too murky for my comfort. The Bible warns against and tells us to be watchful of identities like world churches and world governments. The Protestant faiths especially should be weary of any such institutions for it indicates the possible rise of the Anti Christ.

3) The Bible speaks of seven Churches in the End Times. One of these is the called the Church of Philadelphia. Rev: 3:7. In my opinion this speaks of a period of a False Church where many calling themselves Christians belong, but they are the very opposite. During this time there will be a small quantity of true Christians that shall lead the way the for the coming of Christ and they shall alone inherit the kingdom of God.

"These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Rev 3:7-13

Listen to the last verse. We as Christians should hold firm when we hear the Spirit of God and take head to the message. Notice that God calls these False Christians “liars“, and belonging to the “synagogue of Satan“. The many 21st Century Pastors that rarely can be seen quoting the Bible therefore do not emphasize the necessity for integrity. What is the primary tool the Devil/Satan’s? From my understanding it is deception/lying. And this is why Millions of you that call yourselves Christians are actually in service of the Devil. Fortunately, it only takes a prayer prompted by a change in heart, mind, & soul to be back on Gods side. The Word of God warns us to be watchful of the matters evolving in our Churches. We cannot continue to allow for this deterioration especially within these Mega Churches which are the face of Christianity to the World. I do speak with authority " inspiration" on these matters and as a Christian I pray this message will be well received.

1 comment:

Bruce Larson*Moore said...

your doing a great job of taking the fuzz out of the message, for those who desire direction toward love and truth.

keep writing ;)