“Focusing Civic Involvement Like a Laser Beam”
I would urge those of you Decent & Good Americans no matter your Political Affiliation to consider becoming active in supporting causes to correct a number of missteps the current leadership of our nation has made.
1) Preserving Social Security in its Current Form
2) Ending the Iraq War
3) Removing Karl Rove from his position within the White House
4) Holding President Bush and Dick Cheney Accountable through Investigation up too Impeachment for a plethora of allegations and possible crimes dealing with misinformation, corruption, observing international standards of Justice & human rights, and their financial interest in the War in Iraq, Afghanistan and the War on Terror.
5) Correcting Voting Discrepancies throughout the nation. Especially the matter of every county possessing an auditable voting system and the desire of voters to receive a receipt for their vote.
6) Labor & Jobs: job creation, job retention, employee wages & benefits, labor unions
These are simple, non-partisan, black and white matters paramount to the prosperity and integrity of our great nation. Republicans and Democrats surely should be able to meet in the in the middle on these matters.
Comments: Many Americans, especially those claiming to be “Conservative” ignore or fail to fathom the reality that an Administration such as G.W. Bush’s could destroy the economic & moral fabric of our nation in such a short time of 4 to 8 years. The above six objectives besides putting more Democrats and Independents into office are important. Frankly & strongly, on the issue of Social Security we cannot allow for this President and this Congress to lay their hands on this program. We live in times where our children are being born and raised in a nation led by a President whom has no regard for basic ethics and accountability. Who has no respect for religious beliefs other than his own. What effect will these 8 years have on the character of your child? Even little children see that their President G. W. Bush does not have their general best interest in mind; I pray these your children don’t see the same in you as you attempt to support men in G.W. Bush & Dick Cheney whom are void of character. Yes in deed the President of the United States of America possesses the power to destroy his own country.