Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Politics that Benefit You
After Protest, after falling approval ratings, failure in Iraq, failure to respond to Hurricane Katrina, an economy on the edge I believe it is about time that Conservatives, Moderates, Liberals and Independents agree at the very least that a change within our Government is needed now!
You should be concerned. The policies, lack of action & leadership of the current Republican led Government is not benefiting you and your family. My friends our current Government in the President, the Senate and the House or Representatives are controlled by the Republican Party. It seems that a call for change today, has merit. There must be a balance of ideologies running our nation.
I suggest that American Organizations, Politicians, and Individuals to respectively demand for non-partisan practical action in regards to:
1. Victims of Hurricane Katrina
2. The Iraq War: Congress has the opportunity in December 2005 to end this quagmire & debacle! This month Congress will vote on the Budget for the Wars in Iraq & Afghanistan. Senators & Representatives whom do not vote to cut funding entirely for the Wars or at least vote for a reduction bring question if they should be reelected to serve the People of the United States of America.
3. The Economy, Job Sustainability, and Job Creation (employee pay/benefits & employer obligations)
4. Balancing the Budget and addressing the Deficit
5. Corruption in Government: we need to clean house. Politicians, Bureaucrats, and Generals need to resign, be investigated, be fired, or be removed.
6. Supreme Court Nominee Samuel Alito: allegations of corruption on the part of G.W. Bush & his ‘Administrators’ leaves America to discuss not approving another Supreme Court nominee and frankly leaving this seat vacant until the next President fills it. The Senate can and must consider this option, it being a life-time appointment. President in G.W. Bush whose approval, trust, integrity, and competents is in deep question cannot appoint someone that will determine the pillar of American Justice for decades to come.
You can make a difference. Write a letter, make a phone call, donate your money, vote, go to a protest, join a group but don’t sit back an let your country go to shit.
-Anthony T. Brooks
Checks & Balances Blog