Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The 23rd Qualm

A Little Humor

The 23rd Qualm
Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want. He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests.He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness. He restoreth my fears. He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war,I will find no exit, for thou art in office.Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me.Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the presence of thy religion.Thou anointest my head with foreign oil.My health insurance runneth out. Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days of thy term, And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.


The Actual Twenty-Third Psalm: (From the Bible)

The Lord is my shepherd,I shall not want. He maketh me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters, He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for though art with me;your rod and your staff, they comfort me.Thou prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shallfollow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever

No comments: