Saturday, July 27, 2024

Ripples of the Pandemic

    After reflection, I have been led to amend my original statement regarding the 'Prayer of Peace' because my personal struggles may grey the spirit of it. - A.T. Brooks

 


 

                                                                     "Prayer of Peace"

                                                                                    a variation 

            ""Lord, I humbly ask that you shall make me a channel of the peace.

            That where there is hatred, I may bring love; that where is conflict, I may bring harmony.

            That where there is error, I may seek truth; that where there is indecision, I may bring Faith.

            That where there is despair & depression, I may bring hope.

            That where there are shadows, I may bring light.

            That where there is sadness, I may bring contentment & joy.

            Lord, I humbly ask that I may seek rather to comfort and to be comforted.

            To understand and to be understood. 

            To Love and to be loved.

            For it is by self forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.

            Amen."


No comments: